Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

New Year's Eve started much like any other day.  Papa had to work.  At 4:00, I brought the girls to the Tao Sangha center for a couple of hours of co-operative games, gluten-free snacks, and making positive wishes/intentions for the coming year.





Then we picked up Papa and went straight downtown for some festivities.  We took a horse-drawn carriage ride around the State Capitol building, and captured some of the last images my camera will ever know.  Sadly, my old camera is unable to focus or capture images any longer.  (It did let me download, however.)  The carriage ride was lovely, though, complete with hot cocoa and coffee, and a horse named Dave.  It may have been the fog that finally did in my old camera.

After the ride, we moved indoors where Camille sang, "karaoke"-style, up on stage with a live local band.  She sang Angels We Have Heard on High.  She sounded great, and was thrilled to sing in front of a crowd. Then, she and Sylvia took a ride on a small "Circus train", and we counted down at 9:30 for a balloon drop.  Hundreds of balloons came spilling down from the ceiling and were enthusiastically collected and popped by excited children.  We went home after that, giddy from the crowds and carrying balloons.
After a nourishing bowl of potato-cauliflower soup, I left my family happily playing the Wii and went to a friend's party.  I got to ring in the New Year with many good friends that I have known for a decade or longer.  It was full of laughter and hugs and positivity.
Today has been filled with family snuggles, Wii-playing, and good food.  So, while I don't have any resolutions per se, I am looking forward to 2011, and if it continues the way it has begun, it will be a very excellent year, indeed.  (Although I don't anticipate having a clean house much, if today is any indication ;-).
Wishing you happiness...
Wishing the world happiness...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?