Wednesday, August 24, 2011

a hike down the valley

Our house is built partway into a south facing hill, just beyond the yard is a steep narrow valley, more of a glen really.  We hadn't taken a good wander down there recently, and today seemed just the day for it.


 This shallow sandstone cave is a favorite destination




 This area where it widens out is covered in jewelweed.
 The girls climbed down into a dry creek bed and were completely hidden from view by the fallen logs.

 One of the few places down here where you can actually see much sky.






Feel free to join me for August's edition of

7 comments:

  1. Love the dresses! :) What a fun place to go and not even have to leave home! We live in the country too, but we only have farm fields around our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I would very much like to play in those woods. What a wonderful place for adventures and creative play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu live where you can walk to caves? Oy. :) Reminds me of my childhood -- miss that for my guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! I wish I had such a place for wandering, looks like you know exactly how to enjoy your space.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?