Friday, October 5, 2012

preparing for the season

 Now that the garden is mostly cleared out and turned under, it's time to plant garlic,
 and to do a little dance to put the garlic to bed before mulching it over.


These chilly, windy days are perfect for rediscovering favorite board games (Ogres and Elves) and strewing various craft supplies (mosaic stickers).

 But it doesn't keep us inside for too long, and before we know it, there is more garlic planted and the sun peaks out its rays.


How about we gather sticks and wood for a fire, Mama?

OK, I'll get out the fire pit and if the wind subsides a bit we can roast marshmallows...


Oh yeah, I guess it's time to sort the winter gear and make sure everyone is outfitted for the season.  How did I forget that?

Can I use the saw, Mama?


after dinner
 A fine way to spend our day, I'd say.  And now three playful, wrestle-y sisters are being little coyotes in a pile of blankets and pillows. . . .and Papa should be home soon :).


2 comments:

  1. Hi, just wanted to say I really enjoy reading your blog - it is great to get a flavour of life in another part of the world through the eyes of a thoughtful family. Your autumn day looks simple and good. It is amazing how our kids respond to being outdoors, lighting fires and toasting marshmallows - these simple pleasures are so worth persuing to nourish the soul.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lou. I'm so glad you found your way to my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?