Friday, December 20, 2013

carrying on

Since my computer died (last month) and the brakes on the van went out (safely, in the driveway), we have been pretty out of touch with the rest of the world.  We are in hibernation mode, naturally, if also a bit enforced by circumstances.  We've stayed oh-so-busy with learning and playing and secret elving projects and on-going home projects and the usual business of life. 














I've been pretty quiet here on the blog and my camera has been mostly sitting on the shelf untouched (by my usual standards), but we're still here, carrying on, and gearing up for Solstice and Christmas.  Soon we will celebrate surrounded by family and loved ones, but for now, we are breathing deeply in the (relative) quiet and peace that is our home in the winter.

5 comments:

  1. Peace and quiet - can I come over??? Love your pics as usual :-) A very Merry for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for popping in to share for a minute, your pics and words always make me happy and leave me thinking. Happy Solstice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all about peace and quiet hear too, glad to hear we are not the only ones in an amongst all the bustle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you sled! That note to Santa warms the heart. I love the name of your little girl's new doll, though I am rather biased to it. :) Looks like you guys had a wonderful solstice.

    Happy solstice and new year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Camilles letter is beautiful and made me think of this..."Maybe Christmas he thought doesn't come from a store, Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more"-the grinch I think Camille has the true meaning of Christmas down pretty good!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?