Monday, April 11, 2016

glimpses

Mid-February through mid-March:

These photos are mere glimpses into our unschooling lives. (So, if I'm always a month behind it just means I'm busy living it.) :) 

How do children learn without schooling? Without curriculum? They learn by doing, by asking, by exploring, and musing. They learn through creating, experimenting, negotiating, and partnering with others. They read, play music, watch YouTube, and above all live in "the real world" and navigate it as such. Sometimes it's exhilarating, sometimes exhausting, but it's almost never boring, . . . and it's usually fairly messy and filled with laughter.



snap circuits








 smiley field








 birthday shenanigans

Sylvia's 9th!















library Lego club

 my first home ed column in JUNO magazine!!!







  feelin' springy

 Camille came to me with a message in binary code, and then taught me how to decode it.



 Olbrich Botanical Gardens

witch hazel

 garden kaleidoscope



 gettin' dirty

Signing off 'til my next installment of way-too-many-catching-up-photos . . . life is good.

5 comments:

  1. really pretty cake! happy birthday! ...and are those pine cones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan . . . The one with the feathers? Yep, tiny pine cones!

      Delete
  2. Looks like some fun adventures have been had. I thought I would have more time to blog, etc once my kids started getting older, but there are more questions and more curiosity to satisfy. That's a good thing! I used to update my blog several times a week and now I'm lucky if I update once a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Darcel. If anything our time has gotten more filled, with driving them to and fro and digging deeper into topics and discussions. Not the same kind of low level constant needs (or time to sit and edit photos with a nursing baby on my lap), but bigger, more sporadic, more social needs. Once a week is pretty impressive in my opinion!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a wonderful life full of some good living.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?