Monday, October 31, 2016

Carmel-by-the-Sea, Art Garfunkle, and whales!

Excuse me while I interrupt the irregularly scheduled programming of this unschooling blog to share with you my vacation photos. My mom and I took a girl's trip (without kiddos!) to California for 5 days.

This post is part three: (part one and part two links here)

We spied bottlenose dolphins at Carmel Beach, explored picturesque Carmel-by-the-Sea, enjoyed a concert by Art Garfunkle at the historic Golden State Theatre, checked out the sea lion's antics at the Moss Landing harbor, set out on a small whale watching boat and spotted humpback whales and Risso's dolphins, admired the playful sea otters at Moss Landing State Park, tried poke (raw fish salad), and rode the sky glider over the Santa Cruz boardwalk.

Looking back, I can hardly believe all of the exciting exploration and seriously fun silliness that we fit into the amount of time that we had. I'm so grateful that I was able to go on this vacation with my mama, and I hope that someday this might be me and my grown daughters, still learning together and enjoying each others' company.










































5 comments:

  1. so envious...and so glad for your filling-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. um, that was slim there - not sure why i am an unknown...

      Delete
  2. One of my best vacays EVER!!! So glad we had that time together in Monterey! Mama

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?