Saturday, June 11, 2016

O Child

I had been almost (sorta) current with my blog posts lately and I'm happy to be getting back into the habit of it. However, I had been all over the place chronologically, and it was making me crazy to have a backlog of unsorted photos sitting on my computer. This blog is primarily for me to chronicle these unschooling days with my kiddos. I love looking back on previous years, and I also enjoy sharing here for those of you that drop by on occasion. Blogger stats say that I have nearly a thousand pageviews most days, but I doubt there's that many of you. :) 

Anyway, I was sorting photos and listening to tunes and I ended up playing around with Windows Movie Maker for the first time and threw together a photo montage set to music. So, in place of my usual catch-up post, here are photos from the last couple of weeks of May set to a beautiful song by Trent Wagler. I kept the photos in the order that they were taken and some of the transitions are rough, but I had a lot of fun putting it together nonetheless. Enjoy!


"[A] light-hearted, playful attitude is more conducive to learning new skills and thinking creatively than is the serious attitude of competition or proving one's worth."
~ psychologist Peter Gray from Free to Learn: Why Unleashing the Instinct to Play Will Make Our Children Happier, More Self-Reliant, and Better Students for Life



*note to self:  most of the photos are here

4 comments:

  1. that was awesome! i have movie maker but just use it to edit home videos. i am so doing this! the music is perfect and really captures the awesomeness of your life. great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan! It's fun to play with. I would love to see what you create. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Awesome, loved it! I may try this, I'm sure the kids would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if you do, Darcel. I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?