Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Kickapoo Valley Reserve

Camille and Sylvia are taking homeschool classes at the Kickapoo Valley Reserve every Friday in November.  For three hours, while Sylvia was learning about seeds and burrowing animals and Camille was learning about direction finding and raptor migration, Ayla and I had a hiking date.  It's rare that I have such a long block of time with just my littlest and it's such a lovely time for the two of us to connect without her sisters.  The older girls appreciate their time in class with friends, so it's a win all the way around.







We didn't hike the whole time, we also spent time in the visitors center looking at how to identify different animal tracks and scat.
I'm already looking forward to next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?