Saturday, June 27, 2015

38

  Earlier this month I celebrated my 38th birthday. I wanted nothing more than a beautiful hike with my family, so Papa took the day off of work and we set out to one of my favorite spots.
 We didn't think to bring swimsuits, but that didn't stop us from taking a dip in the cold water that flowed through the gorge.

 
 We followed the meandering stream.




 I'm enjoying getting older. I'm learning how to embrace my quirks, my vulnerabilities, and my strengths. I feel more comfortable speaking my mind or holding my tongue, depending on what the situation calls for, and I feel much less thrown off by other people's reactions than I did when I was younger.
 I've always been a sensitive person and an intensely emotional one. I overthink things. I love deeply. I'm also playful and creative and I'm much better at going with the flow than I am at being structured.

 


 I'm grateful for my life and the people that share it with me. I'm grateful to be walking on this planet at this time even when shit gets real and the struggles run deep. I'm seeking ways to connect more and worry less. I'm looking forward to another year of laughter, adventure, and learning.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day. Love the picture of you with your had back in the falls. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I turned 42 on the 25th. Your post really affected me. It is wonderful to hear you say you are happy and accepting of aging. I am working to be more ok with it. Beautiful day, thank you for sharing your positive outlook....You have encouraged me to continue on my road of accepting and even embracing aging. Happy Birthday and best wishes for a blessed life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olive, I'm so happy to hear that! Happy belated birthday and joyful wishes to you.

      Delete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?