Wednesday, July 24, 2013

around the yard ~ playing with the camera

I like to take pictures of the ordinary moments of our days.  It makes me happy.  I recently got a DSLR camera (Canon EOS Rebel T3) in addition to my trusty point-and-shoot (Canon PowerShot S90).  The last two days I have been testing it out, trying to learn the basics.
 This is what happened when I first tried to go full manual and play with the settings. 

After that, I tried adjusting various functions individually while playing with the focus and zoom.  I know what I like to see (and how I like to see it) when I look through the lens, but I'm just dipping into some of the possibilities and figuring out the terminology and functions.  I'm still not quite sure what an aperture is, but I'm starting to learn how to interpret what brings me closer to my vision and what brings me farther away.

(These photos are all straight off the camera, unedited.)

by the coop ~
  proud


 being careful


by the backdoor ~


in the back garden ~
 I spy tomatoes

 searching for strawberries

 yummy lettuce

 calendula flower

 nasturtium flower

 runnin' up and down the garden path

 with handfuls of mulch




  garden dance party


by the laundry line ~


 "Wanna sniff the daisy?"

 "How 'bout you, Carly?"

 "Mama?"


That's a good start, I think.

5 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous photos.
    Keep your point-n-shoot out.... there's nothing cuter than a little babe grabbin' Mama's big ol' camera to take a few shots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them! I love my Canon 500D and if all else fails, it has point-and-shoot mode too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies.

    Stephanie, I'll have to keep that in mind (but maybe an older babe, perhaps not the 3 year old :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always wonderful to get to play with your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them, but the garden dance party is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?