Monday, March 25, 2013

weekend

Our weekend included a trip to a planetarium.  One thing I adore about unschooling, as a form of home education, is that since the kids are learning about things in an engaging, active, in-the-real-world kind of way, I (and sometimes my husband) get to learn right along side of them.  





The rest of the weekend was spent watching our chicken eggs hatch, playing with those soft li'l chicks (see last post), and going for long walks in the snow and mud.

Simple.
Satisfying.
Messy.

Those three words sum up our weekend, and pretty much our life.  Sometimes it's more messy, than simple and satisfying.  

When I can let go of my expectations that things must go a certain way, or look a certain way, in order for happiness to exist, then I can find the joy that does exist, right here, now in my life.
 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?