Monday, December 13, 2010

fondant fun

 C and S have been wanting to make cakes a la The Cake Boss.  Baby A has had a bit of a cough, so we cancelled our plans, stayed in, and did some serious cake decorating.  We started with two cakes, both chocolate, both from a mix, one gluten-free.  Next came a thin layer of plain vanilla frosting.  We whipped up our first ever batch of fondant (we tried this recipe), colored it, rolled it, draped it, and shaped it.  Each girl had her own vision, and created it.






C's pink dog with a stylish bone

S's fairy hut with lots of winged visitors

6 comments:

  1. Thumbs up from em and Quinn. Awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what great cakes. I will have to show my 3 tomorrow morning...inspiration, creation, and wait, no cooking badge?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, soooo cute!
    I love those floppy doggy ears.
    With the bonus bone.

    I'd better not let Maddie see...

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great!

    I'm bookmarking the fondant recipe for someday when my kids are big enough for this sort of project...

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's some serious decorating going on :-) Love the fairy hut with winged visitors.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?