Saturday, February 18, 2012

a fine Saturday

 I woke up this morning to coffee in bed, and Camille taping together graph paper to draw a large fibonacci spiral.  I knew then that it was going to be a good day ... and I was not disappointed.
Whenever Ayla sees the camera, (which you know is pretty often) she gives me this face and demands a 'picca'.  Which I have yet to resist.

  There was a living room ball with a fairy princess bride and an elven queen.  It was requested that I hide the camera behind a pink velvet cloak so as not to spoil the mood, so I became royalty too, you know.
 
 We drove into a nearby small town hardware store with kiddos decked out in a pink velvet cloak, polka dot leg warmers, and a flowery hand knit sweater.  Not a few gruff-looking farmer-types smiled to themselves when the girls paraded past.  This made me smile to myself, as they could have just as easily scoffed at the wild hippie family invading their countryside.

Back at the homestead, Papa, Ayla, and I (and of course puppy-energy, Carly) trekked the valley below our house, while the older girls stayed in to weave their fantasies and play board games.
 

A little of this, a little of that, sisters bonding beautifully and playing together in peace and cooperation.  Everyone able to enjoy where they are at.  A day to be appreciated and savored, because of course, it does not always go that way.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, gorgeous pictures! I love the ones of them dancing ~ so incredibly sweet.

    Hope the rest of your weekend is awesome, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pics, stunning weather and a gorgeous day - how nice that you captured it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?