Tuesday, May 29, 2012

flower eaters

One of our everyday activities lately is checking on these baby robins under our deck.  We can't get enough. Camille thinks they look like they have mohawks and should be in a chick band :).

Our day was fairly straight forward, a trip to the library and grocery market, followed by play rehearsal for Camille in the early evening.  Sometimes, on days like this I can't help going down dead end roads and handing my 8-year-old the camera.  The next three pics are by Camille.  We always bring along snacks for impromptu picnics, and such...


In between outings, I snuck in some gardening time while Ayla napped in the car nearby and Camille and Sylvia played together sweetly.  Love it when that happens!

 While Camille had her first play rehearsal (and loved it), the rest of us discovered a new park and whiled away the hours...


Back at home, we walked around the untamed places and admired the wild and volunteer roses...
 

 "For some reason, I just want to take a bite out of this...."
Go ahead.  Roses are edible.  Yup, my girls are flower eaters, daylilies, creeping charlie flowers, violets, snapdragons, pansies, nasturtium, clover, columbine, the occasional dandelion, roses, and more....  They often eat weeds, too, and are very careful to only eat things that they are sure of.

Tomorrow, I think we'll make some backyard sun tea.  Off hand, I can think of several possible ingredients, wild mint, spearmint, nettles, purple clovers, rose petals, creeping charlie (ground ivy), pineapple weed, raspberry leaves....

I like this life.

1 comment:

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?