Sunday, May 13, 2012

simplicity on mama's day

Mother's Day around here looks like:

hanging out laundry
picking nettles
my daughters cleaning out the chick brooder and the chicken coop
me (and some helpers) planting seeds, seedlings, potatoes, and herbs
Papa fixing a wheelbarrow, shoveling compost, tilling, and making my coffee in the morning



It's not glamorous, and it all needs to be done, but I take it as a gift.  I do love this land and this garden and the people willing to help me.  This was my choice.  I could've asked for something totally different and I probably would have got it, but this is just what I want to be doing today.

To all the mamas out there, whether you go big for Mother's Day and love receiving flowers, chocolates, and jewelry, or just want someone to play in the dirt with you, I hope that you take some time to enjoy doing just what you want to do today!

3 comments:

  1. I have a couple of blisters from planting all day yesterday. Glamorous, not in the least, but definitely worth the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am trying to publish a comment for the umteenth time. That's like hitting the enter button on the computer over and over expecting something to happen but here goes... I do enjoy your blogs.
    Pops

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bethany, I can relate. I just got blisters today while planting potatoes.

    Pops, Thanks for taking time to comment :) I look forward to seeing you and Ma soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?