Friday, March 25, 2011

On the go

We started out the day at the Wisconsin Institute for Discovery, where we met with other homeschoolers for a tour.
 There were a lot of interactive displays, and the building was designed to "bring together scientists and researchers from a broad spectrum of disciplines, such as the arts, humanities, social sciences, education, business and law" and to "promote dialogue as a fertile crossroads for ideas among diverse parts of UW–Madison and the larger community."
 The girls were hoping to see the 3-D printer that can scan and reproduce 3-dimensional objects.  We didn't get to see it in action, but each of the girls got to keep a Wisconsin W that was made using the printer.
 Apparently while I was busy, a certain Someone discovered my camera and how to use it ;-)
We had packed a lunch and ate in the car on the way to Camille's pottery class.  We had a few extra minutes to spare so we followed a sign that said "rustic road" and saw these cute little miniature ponies (and went over a one-lane bridge).  Oh yeah, and saw two cranes in flight, at least I think they were cranes.  Don't you love it when a spur of the moment side trip is so fun?  (We also shouted woo-hoo in unison at the top of each hill, no matter how small...)

Despite all of Sylvia's best sneaking efforts, she wasn't able to catch a chicken while waiting for Camille's pottery class to end, but we did get to see 40 2-week old chicks in their brooder (sorry, I didn't take any pictures).
Then we finished a lovely day with a good meal and good company at our friends' house.  Camille  read to the younger girls in some of the quieter moments, and much exuberant fun was had by all.  A very satisfactory day, I would say.  And because I can't help myself, I'll top off the night with a happy baby Ayla photo.

1 comment:

  1. What a magic day, Nikole! My boy would have loved to see those 3-D letters—he's told me all about that amazing printer! (And of course I don't know where or how he learned about it—the beauty of self-led discovery!)

    And that pottery studio is just yummy. Are those straw bales I see? I wish we could have come toooo.

    And the driving down "roads less travelled" is just how I like to do things too. Especially with the woo-hoos on each hill!

    Sweetness all around, Nikole. Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?