Friday, November 25, 2011

Random things I'm thankful for:

(In no particular order)

friends and family that I don't see often enough, but always know that the love is still there

the sun and our solar-heated floors and hot water

the ability to obtain food close to the source (growing it, preserving it, purchasing it straight from a local farmer, supporting small local stores that support small local farmers)

my three healthy, amazing daughters who every day delight me, challenge me, and make me laugh, and only occasionally make me cry :)

my husband, who is a hard-worker, a kind father, and makes sure there's a load of wood by the woodstove when he leaves for work in the morning :)

homemade, from scratch, green bean casserole

gluten-free chocolate cream pie for breakfast :)

the fact that I am not setting foot in a store the day after Thanksgiving :)

all of the people who help make the world a better place, globally, in their communities, and in their families

our naughty puppy, Carly, and 25 chickens
sunset walks in the country with my family

Reading over that list, it pretty much comes down to people, food, animals, and the sun.  That's about right :)
Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post. I'm thankful for most of those things too -it's pretty simple really when you think about it, isn't it?! I'm hugely envious of your solar heated floors and water! Hoping for some solar power myself one day -we live in Spain so we definitely have the sunshine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect list, Nikole! For my list, I would simply add Water (aka the Beach!).

    I am thankful for people like you in my life. People who affirm and remind and support and pay attention and love with their whole heart and give and share and live in kindness every single day. I am thankful for finding you. Thank you for sharing your life here, Nikole, so people like me can read your words, be part of your life, and be better for it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?