Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Out of Doors

We started this Easter day with an indoor basket hunt and an outdoor egg hunt.
  The baskets were filled with candy and a couple of simple toys, and the eggs were filled with confetti!

 The girls planted an Easter lily that we had received as a house-warming gift.


 The chickens roamed our newly tilled, expanded garden, and some of the worms were saved. A worm habitat was created for them, and later expanded.

 We didn't actually dye eggs this year for Easter, but we did add some to our incubator, and are hoping to hatch our own chicks.

We went on a nature hike at the Yellow River Oxbows State Natural Area.
 We found wild strawberry plants, deer bones,

wild flowers, and an old turtle shell.

 Camille took a picture of this tree's roots because she thought it looked like Aragog, and she took a picture of Ayla and I feeling soft mullein leaves.
 


After food and a rest, Sylvia begged to go work in the garden.  Really!

 "Hey, let's pretend we're farmer girls."

"Oh yeah, we pretty much are farmer girls."

I can't think of a better way for us to spend a day together celebrating rebirth and love.  Wishing you all a blessed day from this ragamuffin, nature-lovin', finding-God-in-the-quiet-spaces family, on this first Sunday after the first full moon after the Spring Equinox that we call Easter.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Day connecting with your new surroundings, so wonderful, I hope to have a day similar to this in my garden in Italy today x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO behind on my blog reading...but something about this post really spoke to me. I loved the last sentence; summed up my feelings exactly. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?