Monday, June 25, 2012

just monday

Just another Monday in this unschooling life....
 The girls climbed in a city dump truck, street sweeper, cop car, fire engine, and digger at a library-sponsored activity this morning.  Camille's least favorite part of the event was all of the kids pulling the horn on the city truck.  Sylvia's favorite part was pulling the horn on the city truck.



 

 The raspberry plants that we planted last year have a couple of berries already this year!  They are descendants of my grandmother's sister's raspberry plants via my parents raspberry patch.

 Who knew balloons and sharpie markers could keep a girl occupied for hours?  I posed for this balloon portrait that Camille drew and she took a picture of me with it.

After a picnic at the park, we dropped Camille off at play rehearsal, and Sylvia, Ayla, and I went to library storytime where the girls fingerpainted together.

 We have yet to drive by these li'l cows and their mamas without stopping to admire them and imagine what they might be saying to each other.

 Camille cut and designed this dress that she's modelling.  I helped her sew it on my machine.  It went something like this:  
"Mom, I want to sew a dress."
"OK.  Do you want help?"
"Not really."
"You can use any of the fabric in this big basket."
An hour later she had a new dress made from an old bedsheet..


Right now, Camille's listening to the audio book, Curse of the Blue Tattoo: Being an Account of the Misadventures of Jacky Faber, Midshipman and Fine Lady, Sylvia's rollerskating around the living room while watching iCarly on netflix,  and Ayla is petting our puppy, Carly.

It's a bit random, but I love this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?