Wednesday, June 27, 2012

satisfying

Today was one of those days that was satisfying right down to my dirty bare toes.  Not because it was exceptional in any way, but it just felt right.  Know what I mean?

I got to sleep in.  'Til 10.  The two littler ones slept in with me.  It was glorious.
 After eggs for breakfast we picked wild raspberries in the yard.

 Camille has been wanting to add some fun color to her hair and today was the day for it.  I didn't have any experience doing this sort of thing before, but she loves the way it turned out and I think it's pretty fabulous!

 I spent some time in the garden.  I weeded enough to give my poor veggies a good chance.  It was so satisfying, and I even had help turning the compost pile!


There was more, but not much, and maybe that's why it was so satisfying to me.  It's time to go watch more Wicked Science and draw faces on balloons with my girls.  I hope you have a satisfying day.  In your own way.  In your own life.

*Some days are big, and full of GO! and that can be fun and exhilarating and full of learning and excitement, but I also love the slower days where I can be close to my family and really look them in the eyes and appreciate the little things about them.  Those days are so valuable to me.  I really do revel in the satisfaction of a slow day well-spent.

2 comments:

  1. I love those kind of days! Her hair turned out great. Did you use dye or is that hair chalking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's dyed with a semi-permanent color that should last a couple of months. It was an involved process over a couple of hours to get the hair separated, lightened, and then finally colored, but it was well worth it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?