Saturday, January 22, 2011

arm-warmer

Oooh, I'm cruising right along on the knitting (ahem, for me).  I finished one arm-warmer as requested by Camille.  I used a self-patterning sock yarn which is a merino/cashmere/nylon blend (soft and washable).  I cast on 44 stitches on size 3 double-pointed needles.  I started with 10 rows of knit-one, purl-one ribbing.  Then knit until it was 7 1/2" long.  Then bound off 6 stitches (for the thumb hole) and started ribbing for the rest of the row.  Next row, I cast on 6 stitches (over the hole), and continued in the knit-one, purl-one pattern for 5 rows, binding off in the same pattern.  Should Camille decide she wants two arm-warmers, I will now remember what I did for this one ;-)


...and here's some more winter joy pictures from the sledding birthday party we went to today.

Sylvia and birthday girl, Ellie

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?