Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Life, as I know it (in pictures)

 My parents (aka Gigi and Abuelo) brought Camille and Sylvia home less than 48 hours ago.  Since then we have had...

Potter love (the bunny)


grilled barbeque chicken, and corn-on-the-cob, watermelon,  lemon-poppyseed cake, gluten-free chocolate cake, and raspberries from Abuelo's garden...


 and no-one wanted to miss out on the painting, so we prepped some more wall space and let them at it.  That's Camille with the golden paint and Sylvia with the purple.  Hard to tell them apart in these pictures :)
There was an impromptu music concert,

and more Potter love


(even Gigi)

and "my, how the chicks have grown"

and there was a night of sleep in there somewhere.  My pops (an electrician) and my husband worked on some electrical wiring and lights and planning.  There was Xena, and Merlin, and Club Penguin, and songbirds in the stove-pipe, oh my!



and to top off the day a trip to our favorite swimming hole...until dusk.




Another night of sleep... good, deep sleep...
Then...
table-top dining for a little climber

 garden harvest

 ground cherries, gypsy pepper, sugar snap peas
a fine walk for a girl and her puppy

...and yet more Potter love



Life, as I know it, is back...in all of its noisy, messy, full-to-overflowing glory!

4 comments:

  1. I bet they love Potter! and their hair is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos made me smile... :) How fun to "share" a couple of days with you. Life is good, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd be willing to trade our pool for a lake in our backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking at the bunny and thinking, "I wonder what kind it is?" (As I'm in the market for a bunny.) And then I was thinking, "It's so adorable and - OH MY GOD THEY'RE EATING IT!?" Then I realized that it was chicken on the grill. A big thanks for the captions under the photos. :P

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?