Friday, August 5, 2011

play with your food and water

I was weeding the garden when Sylvia came out.  "Can we pick some of this?...and a little of that?"  And it all looked so pretty in the basket that Sylvia had to play with it...
 and make a silly face sticking its tongue out.
Camille just happened to be in the other room playing with food too.  "Mama, come see what I made.  It has 105 smarties in it!"  Here's the version with 120, and she determined that if it were made with 16 smarties on each side, it would have 136.  Who says smarties aren't educational?
 Meanwhile, back to a more nutritional, less math-y food play, there were rainbows...
 of one sort and another...

 and a taste here and a nibble there, and other sisters wanted some too...
 


 until this was all that remained.

Back to weeding the garden, until...well, the shade of an apple tree offered this fun sight of my girls splashing towards me down the hill, and I decided I didn't really mind the weeds :)





3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this, Nikole! Yes, please play with the food and water, lots and lots and more! I love the food rainbow. The most delicious-looking rainbow I've ever seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew playing with food could be so artistic?! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post, it made me smile so much :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?