Thursday, September 29, 2011

Yes, we shall

 Yesterday was a day full of yes.  Heading out on a misty morning...
Shall we drive into the city and go to the pottery studio?  Yes.

Sylvia painted some of her already-fired pottery, and sculpted an elephant.
They don't have elephants, but shall we go to the zoo?  Yes.




We were impressed by the garden growing everything from bamboo to summer squash and labeled with which animal(s) it was fed to.
 Now I know I was the only mom climbing in the turtle and letting her 4 year-old take a picture, 'cause I sure was getting some funny looks.


 We wandered, dawdled, played, skipped, watched, and meandered, and then...
Shall we have our picnic?  At shoe park?  Yes and yes.

 "Can we stay for awhile?  I made a new friend."  Of course.
At the craft store, "Can I get these face paints?"  How about these ones? (they were 75% off) "Cool"
"I can't wait to paint my face."  OK.  Hop on the hood of the car.  Do you want me to paint you a flower?  Yes, please.

 Shall we call Mama's friend to see if she can meet us at a cafe?  Yes.  And she could.  And kindly let Sylvia paint her cheeks.

 Shall we drive home?  "Yes please, I'm tired."  Me, too.




4 comments:

  1. love everything in this post! wish we were neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day of "yes". We should do more of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, a perfect day! For what it is worth, I would have played "turtles" with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikole, what a scrumptious day! A whole day of yes—I can't think of anything better. And all those yeses are just so wonderful—every single one is just fantastic. So a day of yes piled on yes on top of yes must have been like a smorgasbord of goodness. You must have felt so full of Happy when you got home!

    Thank you for sharing this day. I would have given you such a big smile when I saw you in the turtle! Then I would have climbed in too. (Well, after you got out, 'cos it might be a tight fit for two) :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?