Sunday, January 1, 2012

awareness

Today is blustery, but it's not slowing down the girls...


 or the chickens.

I'm ready for a new year and being out in the wind and snow seemed like a good way to shake off the dust of 2011.

My word for 2012 is awareness.  I don't have any resolutions to change who I am or how I behave, but an intention to bring a little more awareness to my daily life and interactions.  Washing the dishes...I would like to enjoy the warm suds and giving the gift of clean tableware to my family.  Helping the girls manage a difficult moment...I would like to appreciate that they will bring their troubles to me and trust me to help them.  Even if I'm feeling extremely frazzled... I hope to look at that and be aware of it and breathe instead of simply reacting.  Auto-pilot is easy to slip into with three young children and feel sometimes like we're all just getting our needs met....

For this year I'm choosing to focus on awareness, and I think this may bring along its friends... like gratitude, joy, contentment, ...and when it brings along sorrow, fear, insecurity, I'll sit with those feeling too.

What are you choosing to focus on in the new year?

3 comments:

  1. Awareness is a good word for the year. I haven't thought of one yet, but I do have plenty of hopes and aspirations for the year. Wishing you and your family joy in the coming year. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikole, that was really quite beautifully said! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Awareness, too.
    This year, I really felt the need to have a focus that my children would benefit from, so that's why I chose Shine.
    I want to love them, support them, and make them so happy they can hardly stand it. :)
    And be better at being the Me I long to be, as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?