Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Soak it up while you can


It got up to 60 F today.  Tomorrow, 90% chance of snow.  Now, I'm ready :).
This is the sand flats at Buckhorn State Park.  This sand was deposited some 10,000 years ago by a glacial lake bottom.
 Sylvia jumping rope

 Papa and two of his girls

 view from the wildlife observation blind

Sylvia and I had just read Crinkleroot's Guide to Knowing the Birds and have been looking through Audubon Birds and World Book of Animal Lives:  Birds.  We were trying to do some bird watching, but the only birds that we saw all day were some crows in a corn field on the drive there.

The sun however more than made up for the lack of birds.  Now, I can say, I'm ready for the snow.

2 comments:

  1. That looks *beautiful!* We had sun here, too. Woohoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love Crinkleroot! I am ready for the snow too. Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?