Thursday, January 5, 2012

unseasonably warm

We spent the bulk of the day outside, hiking down the valley.


 photo by Sylvia



  The snow was all melted except down in the valley and behind the solar panels, so there was mud!

 We came inside to string popcorn and cranberries for the birds.  We draped them on our relocated Christmas tree.
 Then back out for a picnic and a snuggle in the sun.  Bare feet in January in Wisconsin!

 ..and playing in the melted snow.
 All worn out in the late afternoon, Sylvia and Ayla curled up in a 'nest' in the living room for a snuggle.
 In the evening there was more popcorn stringing, and the Camille-bird promptly hung and ate her strand.

One thing I appreciate about living with solar and wood heat, and also with the variable weather in the midwest, is that it makes me very aware of the weather.  And on days like this I am so happy to soak it up.  Let the sun shine!


Outdoor Play Party

6 comments:

  1. Had some time to blog surf and found your cute blog...looks like you are having fun! Love the photo of the children running with the chickens! Looks like a really fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Louisiana :) It was a fun day, I could go for more of those sunny ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful day you all had, thanks so much for linking up this week. Funnily enough now that I go outside everyday with my class I too, am much more aware of weather and have begun to appreciate the whole range that we get in N. Ireland. I am so glad you linked up as now I can start 2012 with a fab new blog to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning photos! I tried to comment yesterday, but Google Chrome won't let me. Maybe I managed to send a little Aussie summer your way?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kierna, I'm glad you found my blog, and Ingi, thanks for the warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures! Thanks so much for linking up with us at the Outdoor Play Party! Hope we'll be seeing you again - off to explore more of your blog now!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?