Friday, January 20, 2012

boyfriend!

Camille has had a boyfriend for nearly an entire year.  Yes, she is 8.  Yes, they are sweet on each other still.  They hold hands, laugh together, compliment each other, make each other little gifts, and buy each other jewelry (from thrift stores).  They get frustrated with each other on occasion, and then quickly kiss and make up.  Mostly, they play, and understand each other in an instinctive way.  They get each other.

Their personalities seem to be equally feisty and sweet.
 working a snap circuit set together

legos at the Children's Museum

Given a chance to go visit friends in the city, he is always her first choice.  I think it is sweet, and lovely, and good.  She has many friends that she enjoys being, with, but aaaah, young love is something special.

last year, Valentine's party

I could tell her that she is too young for a boyfriend.  That I don't want to go out of my way for her to see him since we have moved 90 miles away.  That it won't last.  Or worse, that it is somehow inappropriate.

I choose to tell her.  Yes, he is sweet.  Yes, she is loved.  Yes, it is good.

5 comments:

  1. Very Sweet. My 8 year old has a boyfriend too. She is very smitten and gets quite giddy whenever he comes over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I think it's wonderful when they can feel so comfortable and accepted during these puppy love days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much. I remember being laughed at when I had my first crushes, for love. That is not a feeling I ever want my child to feel. This was so lovely to read. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?