Monday, November 8, 2010

Cinnamon and caramel

I tried out a new play-dough-type recipe today.  It's a cinnamon applesauce dough that can be shaped like clay and left to air dry.  It is soooo easy.  Simply mix and knead equal parts cinnamon and applesauce (we started out with 1/2 cup of each, but found we needed a little extra cinnamon for a good consistency).  We rolled out the dough and cut it with cookie cutters, then sprinkled with glitter for ornaments.  S used the extra dough to make a bunch of thin snakes and I helped her shape them into the letters of her name.  I got this recipe from my mother-in-law (thanks, Pam).  There's also lots of great recipes for various doughs in The Ultimate Book of Kid Concoctions (S loves getting messy).

We also made a batch of caramel apples today, though the caramel may have been a tad thin because most of it pooled under the apples.  Oh well, that is now our dipping sauce.  My house smells so amazing today....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?