Monday, November 29, 2010

This is the penultimate post of NaBloPoMo.  After tomorrow, I will have managed to post every day of November.  Some days I have had more to say than others, but it was a good way for me to stretch my blogging muscles.  (I think I'll give those muscles a little rest after tomorrow)
C spent the morning playing picma and pennywhistle hero on the laptop while watching a history show on PBS.  We have been reading the history section from What Your Second Grader Needs to Know, so she was excited to see many of the things we had been reading about, like the Great Wall of China. Last month we read the First Grader history section ,and next month we'll probably do the Third Grader one, if C is still this interested.  She begs me to keep reading aloud at night before bed, until my voice starts to get hoarse.  It has prompted a lot of good discussion, about human rights particularly, considering the lack of basic human rights different groups of people have had to endure in the past.

 S has been putting together puzzle after puzzle, and making a "cake" (layers of bread, whipped cream, and sugar...not bad actually).  A is just starting forward movement which looks something like crawling and something like launching herself onto her face from her hands and knees.  She is also cutting her third tooth and almost always has her tongue sticking out, which I cannot look at without smiling.
I'm starting a new knitting project.  I hope to be able to finish by Christmas, but these girls keep me pretty occupied... we'll see.  I'm so much better at starting things than I am at finishing them ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?