Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sandgirl

I just finished reading S a couple of picture books for bedtime.  One of them was called Sandbear, which inspired me to make up a story for S.  It went roughly like this...
"If I was building a sandgirl, I would start with nice strong legs, perfect for running and jumping and kicking and dancing."
"...and swimming," S added.
"Then, I would make a nice healthy body just the size and shape as yours, with arms just like these ones.  The arms would be great for hugging and creating things and painting and digging in the dirt."
"...and making food," she murmured.
"...and a head very much just like yours, with sparkly eyes, and a nose just this shape, and a mouth for laughing and talking and singing and kissing."
"...and a neck.  She needs a neck."
"...and hair just the color of yours would be perfect, and I would love her so much.  Just like I do you...."  Then, S sighed and her whole body relaxed and she was asleep.

Good night.

1 comment:

  1. We have so many wonderful memories so far of stories made up at bedtime. Of course ours usually involved Batman and Robin being tied up with ropes, chains, and vines and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Scooby Doo rescuing them, but still, fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?