Wednesday, October 12, 2011

One Year Blogiversary

I started this blog one year ago today.  In honor of my blogiversary, I challenged myself to write about something.  I don't do that too much, as my writing tends toward flow-in-the-moment unfocused rambling, and I really need to work at it to come up with something cohesive.  I usually enjoy just peppering my everyday photos with little snippets, but I did manage to write briefly about humor in parenting, the good aspects and the bad.

I try to avoid asking my children to pose for photos, but I did ask Sylvia if she would mind yelling at me for the photo in that post.  She kept smiling while doing so, which wasn't quite what I was going for, so I told her to yell at me something she was mad about.  She yelled, "COME WITH ME TO HARVEST THE GARDEN!"  I had put her off earlier while trying to get Ayla to nap.  Apparently she hadn't forgotten :)

That led to us harvesting a few things that snuck past the frost a couple weeks back.


Which led to checking on the frost-hardy plants.



Which led to taking down the laundry that had been out for more than a day.

Which led to imagining different things from the glowing clouds.



Which led to laughing over what the chickens might be thinking or saying to each other.
 


Which led to admiring the full moon.

So, there you go ~ humor ~ full circle round...a blogiversary, rambling, veggies, gratuitous chicken photos.  I doubt that this is what I imagined a year ago when I started this blog, but I Like It.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blogiversary. I love your blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Nikole! This post just sings of the beautiful Who that you are and the beautiful, True life you lead. I loved your day. And I just went back and checked out those links to your past Somethings—I enjoyed them as much as I did the first time, which goes to show Good things never get old :)

    I love your blog to bits. I'm aways so pleased to come here, and see how you are. Congratulations on your Blogiversary—I'm SO glad for you (and for me!), that you created this lovely space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have laundry that's been out for a week and rained on. We don't do much laundry bc we wear the same clothes for days. Is this bad? In some of my posts it looks like we are superheroes doing 5000 things in one day but really we just wore those clothes for a week.

    love your blog, one that I read every post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! You all inspire me with your blogs and encourage me with your kind words.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?