Friday, June 10, 2011

creamy vegan house dressing


It's the season for fresh garden salads.  So, I thought I'd share a recipe for my all-time favorite dressing.  It's so easy to make, as you simply throw all of the ingredients in the blender and give it a whir.

1/2 c. olive oil
1/4 c. tahini
juice of one lemon
1 tsp. dijon-style mustard
2 cloves of garlic
sea salt to taste
plus 1/2 c. of water (more or less depending on your desired consistency)


variation:  toss in a handful of fresh garden herbs for creamy vegan herb dressing


other notes:
*If you don't have a blender (or can't find one after you've moved :)  simply mince the garlic and whisk everything together.
*Kids can help with this by peeling the garlic, measuring out the ingredients, and running the blender (depending upon the ages).
*This is a fairly bold dressing, feel free to cut the lemon and garlic by half, for a more subtle flavor.
*I rarely measure this out if I'm making it without the kids, so feel free to play with the proportions.  For example, if I feel a cold coming on, I often make this intensely garlicky for the added immune boost.  Or add very little water for more of a veggie dip.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?