Sunday, June 12, 2011

garden report

I consider myself to be more of an enthusiastic than a skilled gardener.  Other than organic, my methods could best be described as haphazard, and I really like to try out new plants.  So, I am mostly posting this as a note to myself, but you're welcome to read here if you'd like to see what's planted in my garden.  I wasn't sure if I would get much planted this year with the move and all, but it turns out I couldn't resist all of that glorious space.  However, there are many more things I would like to plant in the future (esp. carrots, beets, and a variety of herbs), but this is what's in the ground this year.

last fall:  the Rayes planted garlic

early May:  direct seeded sugar snap peas
     
mid to late May:  planted 4 plants each of chard, red leaf lettuce, purple          and green cabbage, broccoli, brussel sprouts, 3 purple kale,                    6 strawberry plants, 2 caspian pink tomatoes, basil, a few blue              potatoes, and a row of red onions

early June:  14 of my Aunt Velma's raspberry plants, 5 lbs. yukon gold           potatoes, 1 okra, 3 purple tomatillos, 3 lemon cukes, 2 tigger Asian        melons, 8 red mini bell and 4 gypsy peppers, 9 ground cherries,            and 15 tomatoes (3 yellow plum, 3 golden jubilee, 3 different red          cherry, 1 black cherry, 1 Amish paste, 4 green zebra)

My gardens are all planted and mulched and staked, but if I add anything, I'll just update here.  I'm always looking for new things to grow and tips for how to do so.  If you'd like to share how your garden grows, feel free to leave me a comment or a link to a blog post.  May your weeds be easy to uproot :)

1 comment:

  1. this has nothing to do with this post, but i'm down with your "ragamuffin" style :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?