Sunday, June 26, 2011

a good full day (and a Solstice fire)

We drove into the city in the morning and returned home well past dark.  It all started with a birthday party...

with water play

 and sand play

 a pinata

 and watermelon.

Then we ran errands, including trips to two different pet stores and purchasing all the supplies we'll need to get our 26 one-day-old chicks off to a good start when they arrive.  Then over to a friend's house to play and make music (mamas, too).



 and a summer solstice celebration at the very same place that we celebrated winter solstice.
 
 by the lake

 getting ready for the Procession of the Species parade



 Sylvia joining in


 kitty cat face-painting


another quiet moment by the lake

and finally, the lighting of the fire.




And a drive home with my oldest, still awake, full of giggles and confidences.

A day, filled to the brim, with old friendships, new beginnings, and lots of good, sparkly fun.  Now I need another day to recover :)

4 comments:

  1. gotta lotta
    candy in the pinata
    kids in the wata (water)
    wata. melon.
    summer is here.
    masks on
    no fear
    old man under there.
    making music
    making fire
    playin' all day
    now i'm tired.
    Peace.
    I win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the best of days.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freedom Three: You are funny. :)

    Nikole, I loved your day! How FULL it was! I thought the Procession of the Species looked amazing—wish I'd been there. And I would love to look over that lake, too.

    I think it's awesome that you are able to still see your friends, while living in your dream space, away from it all. Seems the perfect mix. I'm so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Leave a comment?